Wednesday 12 December 2007

57 & 47s at Bletchley

It is typical and just my luck that today, when I don't have my camera or binoculars with me that there should be another Thunderbird at Bletchley this afternoon. Plus, a northbound convoy of West Coast Railway Company 47s and a 33 plus support coach!

Yesterday, I had every intention of doing some photography locally. Unfortunately my primary choice of location was unviable as I would be shooting directly into the sun. My second choice, wasn't much better, with any decent views spoilt by the overhead catenary and ridiculously high fencing, not mention some very long and obvious shadows. A bit of planning and research beforehand would of course have revealed these problems and would have saved me an hour wasted.

Anyway today there was a Virgin 57/3 at Bletchley in the same location as observed as on Monday. Could have been the same loco, which maybe has been dumped there for some reason? Didn't have my binoculars so couldn't confirm identity. Will maybe have a chance to have a look tomorrow.

Also about 1430 heading north was a pair of West Coast Class 47s leading a 33, a support coach and a further 47. It appeared that only the leading 47 was drawing power. Made quite a sight!

No comments: