Saturday 1 December 2007

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new railway blog.

I decided to set this up to share my passion for railways in the UK and because often these things are not of interest to the more general audience of my main blog. The aim of this blog is quite simple: its all about railways in the UK both past and present although mainly it will be about the current railway scene with the occasional look at preserved railways.

What this blog is and isn't. Okay, firstly this is not going to be an in-depth or technical analysis/appraisal of the UK railway system. It is more an enthusiasts point of view so yes it will have a fair amount of jargon and references to railway terms but in the main I want it to be an easy read to anyone, whether they are knowledgeable about railways or a complete novice. I don't claim to be an expert and I welcome comments and corrections to any of the posts. Mostly it will be about my following of the railways in the UK, days out exploring the network, notes and observations, bits and pieces about what is happening generally. Inevitably because I live in Milton Keynes you may find it has a bias towards the local area but I do hope this blog will include something of interest for everyone who has a keen eye on today's railways.

I hope to post photos here from time to time although the main archive of my railway photos from the last few months can be found here.

Everyone's comments are welcome and although all comments are moderated I certainly don't intend to censor anyone's opinion.

I will be adding to the links section additional web sites I find of interest and think may appeal to a wider audience.

Finally, I hope that this blog will prove an interesting and enjoyable a record of this enthusiast's view of the UK rail scene today.

2 comments:

jamie said...

thank you very much,it's a pleasure to read your thoughts on all things railways.
looking forward to more...

Derek said...

Yes, this is really interesting - I'll have to pop in every now and again. I have some railway stuff for you, which if I happen to be in MK before Xmas, I will pass on. If not, you can collect it from here anytime!