Saturday 19 January 2008

Fictitious Liveries

An interesting Fotopic web site I found last night was Fictitious Liveries, which is run by the AC Locomotive Group. The Fictitious Liveries site considers 'what if' matching locos with liveries that were never carried by that class. It is a clever idea and the standard of the photos is excellent, clearly the person who does this site has a lot of technical knowledge and time! Some of the liveries work well, others less so. I particularly liked the idea of an HST set in GWR Chocolate & Cream livery and the alternative Large Logo Blue that was applied to many locos during the 1980s. One of the odder conceptions is that of Virgin opting for a loco and stock rather than EMU for its Pendolino's. I am not entirely convinced by the end result but it is an interesting idea. A well worthwhile site though and one that I will definitely keep an eye on.

Also, I should mention Carl Watson's Fotopic site, which is far and above what mine is. The latest collection is from Cosham, where I was a few weeks ago although it seems that Carl was considerably more fortunate with the weather than I was.

No comments: