Saturday 19 January 2008

Fotopic Gallery Updates

I have added two new galleries to my Fotopic site today. The first is a collection of photos from Rugby that I took yesterday lunchtime and the other is a miscellany of HST photos from around the UK taken over the period from 2004-2007.

The weather hasn't been too grand for the start of the year so opportunities to get out and do some photography have been limited. The trip to Rugby yesterday was the first real opportunity I've had this year, although as you will see from the pics it was a damp and miserable afternoon. Hence, I only stopped for about an hour before deciding to head back to MK.

57301 Scott Tracy was again the Thunderbird at Bletchley and it became clear to me yesterday why Virgin have been stabling their Thunderbirds there rather than Rugby. Currently, all the bay platforms at Rugby are out of use. It appears that the track serving the bays at the south end has been lifted while access to the north end bays appears to be out of use. Whether this is permanent or not, I am not sure, although I would imagine that the changes are only for the duration of the current works, of which there appears plenty yet to be done. Clearly with no stabling facilities at Rugby nor further south at Milton Keynes, due to the works being undertaken there, makes Bletchley the only option.

Interestingly, the only platforms open at Rugby are Platform 1(the new northbound platform) and Platforms 2 and 4 (the island platforms) for southbound services. Platform 4 appeared to be used by freight passing through the station and the London Midland service to Northampton. All other southbound trains were passing through Platform 2.

I am hoping the weather might improve next week as I plan to spend some more time out and about but we'll see.

No comments: